Wednesday 29 July 2009


My friend Terry is back out in the field with me, his foot is better, the blacksmith came and dug a hole and Juliet (she looks after me) put Stockholm tar in the hole. She made a real mess of it as Terry seems to be covered in Stockholm tar. I’ve got a sore foot now…Juliet threatened to get the cow man who was trimming the Belted Galloway’s feet to look at me, but I really couldn’t cope with being turned upside down in a revolving crush so I am waiting for the Vet to come and see me instead.
The boys at the Exmoor Pony Centre are having their summer saddle fitting today due to a lot of grass this year. They will now have two saddles; a slim fitting winter version and their fatter summer version. They all had a lovely time on Sunday at the birthday party; lots of leading rein mounted games and extensive grooming from keen admirers.
Rosefinch and Marigold went to Hexham Native Horse and Pony Show on Sunday. Marigold is only 2 months old and was so well behaved! Rosie won her class and Marigold was 2nd. There were some other Moorland Mousie friends there; Angostura, now a 4 year old Stallion who was beautifully behaved and Burdock (aka. Sophie) who is now 6. We all had a very lovely day!

No comments: